Written by GBN STAFF
Tuesday, August 02, 2011
Guam – The Department of the Interior's U.S. Geological Survey division has awarded a contract to Manny Torrepo to help operate and maintain the Guam Geomagnetic Observatory.
The Guam Geomagnetic Observatory was established in 1957 and is situated on property owned by the U.S. Air Force according to terms of an agreement with the USGS and the Geomagnetism Program.
The award amount is $7,950. According to the statement of work in the original solicitation, the contractor's primary responsibilities are to perform absolute observations and to assist in keeping the observatory operations equipment running as close as possible to a schedule of 24 hours, 7 days a week. The contractor will also need to perform minor troubleshooting, repairs, and adjustments to the PC Based Data Collection Platform and to magnetometers.
More details about the award are available here.
GuamBuildupNews.com regularly presents Department of Defense and other Federal Government contracting awards and opportunities that can be performed by companies from Guam or that require at least some of the work to be performed in Guam. This coverage is a service to the Guam business community and the worldwide federal contractor community to encourage teaming between prime contractors and qualified subcontractors, vendors and suppliers to compete more effectively for projects.
- 03/08/2011 18:23 - Unique Circumstances Help Guam Escape Brunt of F.A.A. Nationwide Furloughs and Stop Work Orders
- 03/08/2011 14:21 - U.S. Government Seeks to Lease Office Space in Guam for Departments of Agriculture and Veterans Affairs
- 03/08/2011 09:24 - U.S. Geological Survey Looks for Small Business Contractor to Complete Environmental Baseline Survey of Abandoned Seismographic Station on Guam
- 03/08/2011 08:37 - Air Force Looks for Small Business Contractor to Supply Typhoon and Electromagnetic Parts, Accessories
- 02/08/2011 16:49 - New Civilian Aide to Advise Secretary of the Army at a Time of Expansion and ‘Persistent Conflict’
- 02/08/2011 12:53 - Air Force Needs a Small Business Contractor to Paint Cryogenic Storage Tanks
- 01/08/2011 18:45 - NEWS ANALYSIS: Guam Military Buildup Unlikely to be Affected by Debt Ceiling Deal and Related Defense Cuts
- 01/08/2011 13:26 - U.S. Air Force Seeks Contractors for Multi-Year Fencing Contract for Guam and the CNMI
- 01/08/2011 13:11 - Air Force Looks for Small Business Contractors to Supply Hazardous Materials Decontamination Systems
- 01/08/2011 12:25 - Guam Agenda: Solicitation for Airfield Paving Work on Guam and CNMI Coming Soon, Plus Deadlines for Supplier Bids on Fiber Optic Cable and Loaner Furniture