Written by GBN STAFF
Tuesday, August 16, 2011
GUAM – The U.S. Air Force has awarded a contract to Huntersville, North Carolina-based Roger Fisher to supply two individual decontamination shelter systems at Andersen Air Force Base, Guam.
Each decontamination system, which will allow for effective hazardous material decontamination, must incorporate "a tall profile to accommodate individuals fully outfitted in Level (A) PPE," according to Pacific Air Forces solicitation number N4155711RC137FS. The system is comprised of several components including an individual decontamination shelter, a floor riser, a hand sprayer, water hoses, a wastewater pump and a 100-gallon bladder that has a backflow preventor and shut off.
The contract award, number N00604-11-P-A081, was for $ 8,375.60 and it was a total small business set-aside. The contract winner is a woman-owned sole proprietorship that also conducts business under the name All Hazard Safety Associates.
According to federal procurement data, the contractor Roger Fisher has been awarded over $3.2 million in various federal contracts from 2008 to 2011, not including this new award.
More contract details are available here.
GuamBuildupNews.com regularly presents Department of Defense and other Federal Government contracting awards and opportunities that can be performed by companies from Guam or that require at least some of the work to be performed in Guam. This coverage is a service to the Guam business community and the worldwide federal contractor community to encourage teaming between prime contractors and qualified subcontractors, vendors and suppliers to compete more effectively for projects.
Image used in this article courtesy digitalart / FreeDigitalPhotos.net
- 17/08/2011 07:42 - Department of the Interior Seeking Contractors to Digitize, Transcribe Oral History Tapes for Guam’s War in the Pacific National Historic Park
- 16/08/2011 12:29 - Approximately $12 Million Contract Awarded for Advanced Metering Infrastructure System for Electricity, Water for Defense Facilities in Guam
- 16/08/2011 08:52 - Rollercoaster Week For Contractors On Guam Military Buildup Projects Ends On High Note; Overall Buildup Visibility Still Foggy
- 16/08/2011 08:49 - Air Force Transforming Guam into Pre-Deployment Training Center for Asia-Pacific Airmen, Will Invest $56 Million More Through 2016
- 16/08/2011 08:39 - UPDATE: More Small Contractors Needed for $31 Million in Federal Aviation Administration Design-Build Work in Guam and all FAA Areas
- 15/08/2011 11:58 - UPDATE: Japan Set to Enact Financing for National Budget Next Week; Guam to Get $420 Million for Wastewater Utilities
- 15/08/2011 08:14 - Guam Agenda: Contracts for Nationwide Ship Overhauls and Commissary Construction, Plus Hospital Equipment Maintenance in Week Ahead
- 15/08/2011 08:10 - Air Force Looking for Small Business Contractor to Supply Vinyl Tarps for Guam’s Andersen Air Force Base
- 15/08/2011 08:08 - Defense Logistics Agency Looks for Contractor for Xerox Machine Maintenance in Guam
- 15/08/2011 08:07 - Guam’s Andersen Air Force Base Looking for Woman-Owned Small Business to Provide Loaner Furniture for Military Family Housing