Written by GBN STAFF
Friday, September 09, 2011
GUAM – From performance reports of publicly traded corporations to the latest happenings at local upstarts and every size company in between, Guam Buildup News presents a weekly roundup of notable news for the island's business community.
Camacho Landmark Center
CAM5 Real Estate LLC demolished the Guahan Apartments in Tamuning to make room for a new commercial development. The future Camacho Landmark Center will be a multi-purpose, three-building commercial center designed by RIM Architects, LLC. CAM5 Real Estate LLC is a subsidiary of the family-owned Camacho Investment Corporation.
Coast360 Federal Credit Union has named Lito Gatuz as its interim chief executive officer after the resignation of John Arroyo, who has led the company since 2005. Coast360 grew to 49,000 members from 30,000 during Mr. Arroyo's tenure. Mr. Gatuz takes on the interim CEO role while also continuing his current post as chief operating officer.
SBA Business Loan Workshop
Small Business Administration and ANZ Guam representatives will present a workshop on the SBA's 7(a) loan program designed to offer financial help for businesses with special requirements. The SBA's Josette Mueller, and ANZ Guam Inc.'s Alana Oppermann will conduct the workshop on Sept. 14, from 9:30 to 11:30 a.m. To register for the workshop, contact the SBA Guam Branch Office at (671) 472-7419.
The Guam Environmental Protection Agency and the Guam Hotel and Restaurant Association will offer workshops to train industry employees who use antibacterials, antimicrobials, antifungals, disinfectants and other pesticides in their occupational tasks. The training is meant to prepare businesses for compliance with Public Law 30-197. Two "Train the Trainer" courses will take place from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Sept. 12-13 and Sept. 14-15. Four basic training sessions will be conducted on Sept. 19, from 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m., and on September 20, 21 and 22, from 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
Image used in this article Danilo Rizzuti / FreeDigitalPhotos.net.
- 13/09/2011 10:14 - Defense Hawks Fighting Uphill Battle as Deficit and Jobs Act Collide; Impact to Guam Military Buildup Timeline will be Significant
- 13/09/2011 09:43 - $8.6 Million Task Order for Guam Strike Global Intelligence Hub at Andersen Air Force Base Awarded to Massachusetts Construction Firm Under Small Business MACC
- 12/09/2011 14:57 - U.S. Senator Inouye and Japan Ruling Party Concur: Futenma’s Replacement, Guam Agreement Must Get Done
- 12/09/2011 14:02 - Andersen Air Force Base, Guam Seeks Supplier for UHF/VHF Muldipol Antennas, SATCOM Antennas and Transceiver Speaker
- 12/09/2011 14:00 - Air Force Looks to Procure Secure Combat Net Radios and Accessories
- 09/09/2011 13:16 - Guam’s Largest Workforce Housing Complex Opens: Ukudu Workforce Village Remains Scalable as Military Buildup Stays Fluid
- 09/09/2011 13:15 - Andersen Air Force Base, Guam Looks for HUBZone Small Business Vendor to Supply Refrigerators, Electric Ranges, Dishwashers, Washing Machines and Clothes Dryers
- 09/09/2011 13:14 - Andersen Air Force Base, Guam Looks to Get Cookin’ with High Volume Electric Deep Fryer
- 09/09/2011 13:01 - Air Force Looks for Small Business Vendor to Supply Digital Pianos and Accessories for Music Classes at Andersen AFB, Guam
- 09/09/2011 12:51 - Andersen Air Force Base, Guam Looks for Vendor to Supply 3-Door Refrigerator