Written by GBN STAFF
Friday, August 12, 2011
GUAM – From performance reports of publicly traded corporations to the latest happenings at local upstarts and every size company in between, Guam Buildup News presents a weekly roundup of notable news for the island's business community.
Island Business Systems & Supplies, based in Maite, has become an authorized dealer partner of Konica Minolta. IBSS will offer Konica Minolta's complete line of office systems, digital presses, printers and document management and workflow solutions.
IBSS is a wholly owned division of Townhouse Department Stores, Inc., an affiliate of Jones and Guerrero Company, Inc.
Gas Detection Systems
Oil Spill Solutions
Health, Safety, Security and Environmental Professionals has also become the exclusive Asia-Pacific distributor for New York-based Oil Solutions' "green" product lines. HHSEP will distribute all Oil Solutions' product lines including products for oil cleanup and oil tank containment, such as tubs, trays, pans and alarms. Oil Solutions Step 1 / Step 2 and Oil Solutions Powder are non-hazardous, environmentally safe absorbents that remediate and clean up hydrocarbon spills from hard surfaces, soils and water.
'Green' Golf Balls
Fly Guam, the new Guam airline launched in March, announced its new Guam-Palau service. The airline, whose flights are public charters operated by Sky King Inc., also plans to add additional flights to Taiwan from both Guam and Palau, once it completes acquisition of a second plane later this month. The company already offers flights from Guam to Hong Kong via Saipan and also offers Saipan-Nagoya routes and Taipei-Palau routes. The company also plans future services from Guam to Clark airport in the Philippines and a Palau-Yap-Guam route.
Teaming and Joint Ventures
The Guam Procurement Technical Assistance Center (PTAC) will conduct a workshop on Aug. 25 on teaming arrangements and joint ventures. The workshop will focus on federal regulations related to these arrangements and discuss ways to use these tools effectively.
The workshop, presented by Vera Topasna, PTAC Program Manager, will be held at the University of Guam School of Business and Public Administration, in Room 131 from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m.
Image used in this article courtesy sheelamohan / FreeDigitalPhotos.net
- 15/08/2011 08:14 - Guam Agenda: Contracts for Nationwide Ship Overhauls and Commissary Construction, Plus Hospital Equipment Maintenance in Week Ahead
- 15/08/2011 08:10 - Air Force Looking for Small Business Contractor to Supply Vinyl Tarps for Guam’s Andersen Air Force Base
- 15/08/2011 08:08 - Defense Logistics Agency Looks for Contractor for Xerox Machine Maintenance in Guam
- 15/08/2011 08:07 - Guam’s Andersen Air Force Base Looking for Woman-Owned Small Business to Provide Loaner Furniture for Military Family Housing
- 12/08/2011 14:54 - First Contract Awarded from Japan’s ‘Mamizu’ Funds for Guam Military Buildup Projects
- 12/08/2011 13:58 - Defense Hawks in Congress Want Pentagon to Release Defense Budget Review
- 12/08/2011 13:08 - Andersen Air Force Base, Guam Needs Office Furniture Colored ‘Cordovan’ and ‘Honey’
- 12/08/2011 11:07 - Air Force Needs Team Benches for Fitness Center at Guam’s Andersen Air Force Base
- 11/08/2011 16:08 - After 5-Month Delay, Japan Now Ready to Fund Hundreds of Millions of Dollars for Guam Buildup While U.S. Struggles with New Debt Ceiling Law
- 11/08/2011 09:59 - Navy Needs a Boost with Telescopic Boom Lift