Written by GBN Staff
Monday, August 15, 2011
GUAM – Following is a list of events expected in the coming weeks in Guam related to Department of Defense and other federal contracts on the island.
Aug. 15 – Small business contractors interested in working with the United States Coast Guard to perform continual engine overhaul services on its ships must submit bids by Aug 15, according to solicitation number HSCG85-11-R-P45HU8. Work will be done on six classes of cutter ships within the continental U.S. and Guam, Hawaii and Alaska. One or more contracts will be awarded for one base year and four option years.
Aug. 15 - The Defense Commissary Agency will select up to 10 companies for a five-year program valued at a combined maximum of $500 million to build new commissaries and upgrade existing ones throughout the United States, including Guam and Puerto Rico, and some international locations, according to solicitation HDEC03-11-R-0001. Bids are due by 4:00 p.m. Central Standard Time on Aug 15.
Aug. 15 – This is the deadline for suppliers to submit price quotations for a telescopic boom lift to the Military Sealift Fleet Support Command. The diesel-powered boom lift will be used at the Ship Support Unit at Naval Base, Guam and must have a minimum platform height of 120 feet and should handle a minimum 500-pound load. Bids are due by 3:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, according to solicitation N40442-11-T-6101.
Aug. 15 – The U.S. Navy's Bureau of Medicine and Surgery has issued presolicitation notice N6809612RC90012 for a service contract to provide 74 basic cable television services in various locations throughout Naval Hospital, Guam and surrounding clinics. The service must include timely maintenance as well as high-speed intranet capability. The Navy wants to hear from interested contractors by 4:00 a.m. Pacific on Aug. 15.
Aug. 15 - The Navy's Bureau of Medicine and Surgery is looking for a contractor to maintain 27 medical equipment items at Naval Hospital, Guam, including anesthesia machines and workstations, ventilator systems, an ultrasound machine and a microbiological culture analyzer. Reponses to presolicitation number N6809612RC90002 are due by 4 p.m. Pacific on Aug 15.
Aug. 16 – Price quotations to supply Andersen Air Force Base, Guam with intramural team benches for the Andersen Coral Reef Fitness Center are due by 7 p.m. Eastern Standard Time on Aug 16. Andersen needs a total of eight team benches that can be easily moved, using the tip-and-roll mode to maneuver them into any suitable arena, indoors or outdoors, according to solicitation N4155711RC144FS.
Aug. 16 – Andersen Air Force Base, Guam needs "cordovan" and "honey-colored" organizers, files, bookcases, desks, credenzas, storage cabinets, pedestals, conference tables and desk chairs, according to solicitation N4155711RC128FS. Price quotes are due by 9 p.m. Eastern Standard Time on Aug. 16.
Aug. 20 - Pacific Air Forces is seeking sofas, loveseats and chairs to furnish housing for officers and senior non-commissioned officers at Andersen Air Force Base, Guam. Andersen AFB needs 120 units each of leather-like vinyl sofas, loveseats and chairs, all 660 Series Jennings or an equivalent brand name, according to solicitation N4155711RC110FS. Bids are being accepted from woman-owned small businesses only and are due by 4:00 pm Eastern on Aug 20.
Aug. 22 - The Defense Logistics Agency needs a contractor to provide full service maintenance on Xerox 510DP Wide Format, Xerox 430S and Xerox Stapler/Folder machines for its Document Services office on Guam, according to solicitation SP7000-11-Q-0096. The agency is also requesting price bids to supply machine parts and supplies. Bids are due by 4 p.m. Eastern Standard Time on Aug 22.
GuamBuildupNews.com regularly presents Department of Defense and other Federal Government contracting awards and opportunities that can be performed by companies from Guam or that require at least some of the work to be performed in Guam. This coverage is a service to the Guam business community and the worldwide federal contractor community to encourage teaming between prime contractors and qualified subcontractors, vendors and suppliers to compete more effectively for projects.
- 16/08/2011 08:52 - Rollercoaster Week For Contractors On Guam Military Buildup Projects Ends On High Note; Overall Buildup Visibility Still Foggy
- 16/08/2011 08:49 - Air Force Transforming Guam into Pre-Deployment Training Center for Asia-Pacific Airmen, Will Invest $56 Million More Through 2016
- 16/08/2011 08:39 - UPDATE: More Small Contractors Needed for $31 Million in Federal Aviation Administration Design-Build Work in Guam and all FAA Areas
- 16/08/2011 08:26 - Supplier Contract Awarded for HazMat Decontamination Systems for Guam’s Andersen Air Force Base
- 15/08/2011 11:58 - UPDATE: Japan Set to Enact Financing for National Budget Next Week; Guam to Get $420 Million for Wastewater Utilities
- 15/08/2011 08:10 - Air Force Looking for Small Business Contractor to Supply Vinyl Tarps for Guam’s Andersen Air Force Base
- 15/08/2011 08:08 - Defense Logistics Agency Looks for Contractor for Xerox Machine Maintenance in Guam
- 15/08/2011 08:07 - Guam’s Andersen Air Force Base Looking for Woman-Owned Small Business to Provide Loaner Furniture for Military Family Housing
- 12/08/2011 14:54 - First Contract Awarded from Japan’s ‘Mamizu’ Funds for Guam Military Buildup Projects
- 12/08/2011 14:10 - Quick Hits – This Week in Guam Business – August 12, 2011