Written by OANA GAVRILA
Wednesday, July 06, 2011
GUAM – The Federal Emergency Management is seeking manufacturers who can produce six-function hand-crank flash light/radios for distribution centers in Guam and Hawaii, for support packages during disaster response operations.
FEMA will need 9,500 hand crank flashlight/radios, which are a critical component of the support packages, according to the sources sought notice number HSFEHQ-11-I-0085. The flashlights must be LED, have radio, multi-power capabilities, light flasher capabilities, emergency siren, and cell phone charging capabilities. The flashlights also need to include minimum of four commonly used cell phone charging adapters with charging cord. The deadline for responses is July 8.
FEMA is examining the type and quantity of commodities currently warehoused in centers in Guam and Hawaii. The initiative includes pre-staged packages to contain fundamental life sustaining items such as bandages, blankets, cookware, dinnerware and crank flashlights that would be distributed to disaster survivors, according to notice.
For more information, see this link.
GuamBuildupNews.com regularly presents Department of Defense and other Federal Government contracting awards and opportunities that can be performed by companies from Guam or that require at least some of the work to be performed in Guam. This coverage is a service to the Guam business community and the worldwide federal contractor community to encourage teaming between prime contractors and qualified subcontractors, vendors and suppliers to compete more effectively for projects.
- 07/07/2011 10:45 - Hanson Cement Overhauls Shipping Line to Boost Capacity 50 Percent Ahead of Guam Military Buildup Demand
- 07/07/2011 10:32 - UPDATE: Full Solicitation Issued, July 19 Deadline Set on $4 Million Dept. of Interior Training Contract for Guam, Hawaii, Pacific Region
- 07/07/2011 10:19 - One for the Contract Books: Air Force Seeks Supplier of Federal Acquisition Regulations Books For Guam’s Andersen Air Force Base
- 06/07/2011 11:52 - NEWS ANALYSIS: Guam Military Buildup May Serve as Part of Marine Corps’ Return to Pacific Roots as Engagement in Afghanistan Winds Down
- 06/07/2011 11:13 - NEWS ANALYSIS: Guam Military Buildup Easily Positioned to Absorb Senate Committee Budget Cut Amid Flexible Deadline, Planning
- 06/07/2011 10:05 - U.S. Department Of Interior Seeks Small Business for $4 Million in Facilitation and Training for Guam, Hawaii, California
- 05/07/2011 13:39 - Guam Bonding Market to See Most Benefits From Guam Military Buildup ‘After the Earth Is Moved and Construction Starts,’ Takagi Says
- 05/07/2011 13:06 - Dollars and Contract Awards in June: Nearly $160 Million in New Revenue from Military Buildup, Federal Work on Guam
- 05/07/2011 07:44 - UPDATE: U.S. Navy Seeks 8 (a) Small Disadvantaged Business for $20 Million Contract On Environmental Monitoring And Management On Guam, Hawaii
- 05/07/2011 07:38 - Veterans Affairs Department to Seek Small Business Contractor For Air Ambulance Transport Within Pacific Islands, Including Guam, Hawaii