Written by GBN STAFF
Wednesday, August 10, 2011
GUAM – The Department of Veterans Affairs' National Acquisition Center has issued a presolicitation for re-usable bath towels.
The contract is a full set aside opportunity for service disabled veteran-owned small businesses only, according to presolicitation number VA79711RP0183. The agency purchases approximately 1.27 million of these towels on an annual basis.
The towels range in size from 20" x 40" to 24" x 48" and in fabric from 100 percent cotton to a blend of cotton and polyester. All towels need to be kaumographed with "VA PROPERTY NOT FOR SALE" in the center or on the CAM edge of the towel in blue color. Interested contractors should supply samples, along with the bids.
All contractor's "products must be manufactured by a small domestic (or 'outlying area') manufacturer," the notice said. Outlying areas include Puerto Rico, the Northern Mariana Islands, Guam and other commonwealths and territories.
Interested firms must be registered in Central Contractor Registration in order to be considered for award.
Responses are due by August 12.
More information is available here.
GuamBuildupNews.com regularly presents Department of Defense and other Federal Government contracting awards and opportunities that can be performed by companies from Guam or that require at least some of the work to be performed in Guam. This coverage is a service to the Guam business community and the worldwide federal contractor community to encourage teaming between prime contractors and qualified subcontractors, vendors and suppliers to compete more effectively for projects.
- 11/08/2011 09:59 - Navy Needs a Boost with Telescopic Boom Lift
- 11/08/2011 08:59 - U.S. Navy Seeks Small Business Contractor for Medical Equipment Maintenance at Naval Hospital, Guam
- 10/08/2011 11:18 - Bare-Knuckled Talk Could Lie Ahead for Defense Budget in Hopes Forcing Congressional Action; Guam Buildup Money Unspent
- 10/08/2011 09:31 - Navy Extends Apra Harbor Medical Clinic Solicitation By Six Months
- 10/08/2011 09:02 - Air Force Awards Supplier Contracts for Fiber Optic Cable for Andersen AFB, Guam
- 09/08/2011 10:55 - Secretary Panetta Opposed to Trigger Clause in Current Debt Ceiling
- 09/08/2011 10:34 - Air Force Buildup Well Underway: $147 Million Planned for Guam Strike Global Reconnaissance Program in FY 2012
- 09/08/2011 10:03 - Navy Looks for Delivery and Courier Company to Handle Naval Hospital Guam’s Medical Supplies Transport Needs
- 09/08/2011 09:48 - Air Force Looks for Small Business Contractor to Provide Steel Folding Chairs for Andersen AFB Guam
- 08/08/2011 12:39 - Japan Defense Minister Kitazawa Ready to Appoint Key Staffers for Military Realignment, Including Marine Transfer to Guam