Written by OANA GAVRILA
Monday, August 08, 2011
GUAM – The United States Coast Guard is looking for small business contractors to perform engine overhaul services on six classes of cutter ships within the Continental U.S. including Guam, Hawaii and Alaska, according to a solicitation notice.
The Coast Guard is seeking Caterpillar Engine overhaul services for the WLB, WLI, WLM, WLR, WTGB, and WYTL U.S. Coast Guard classes of cutters under an indefinite quantity, indefinite delivery type contract, according to solicitation number HSCG85-11-R-P45HU8. The response date on this solicitation is August 15.
The Coast Guard is planning to award one or more contracts to cover the six classes of cutters. The contract will be for one base year and four option years, to be exercised based on the continual need of the Coast Guard.
Work under the contract, to be performed under individual task orders, will consist of disassembling, cleaning, inspecting, repairing and reassembling Caterpillar diesel engine units and accessories onboard the vessels, at each vessel's homeport.
For more information on this solicitation, see this link.
GuamBuildupNews.com regularly presents Department of Defense and other Federal Government contracting awards and opportunities that can be performed by companies from Guam or that require at least some of the work to be performed in Guam. This coverage is a service to the Guam business community and the worldwide federal contractor community to encourage teaming between prime contractors and qualified subcontractors, vendors and suppliers to compete more effectively for projects.
- 09/08/2011 10:03 - Navy Looks for Delivery and Courier Company to Handle Naval Hospital Guam’s Medical Supplies Transport Needs
- 09/08/2011 09:48 - Air Force Looks for Small Business Contractor to Provide Steel Folding Chairs for Andersen AFB Guam
- 08/08/2011 12:39 - Japan Defense Minister Kitazawa Ready to Appoint Key Staffers for Military Realignment, Including Marine Transfer to Guam
- 08/08/2011 08:48 - Guam Agenda: Solicitations Expected for Air Force Fencing and Airfield Paving Work, Deadline for Environmental Survey at Old Seismographic Station in Week Ahead
- 08/08/2011 08:42 - Contractor Needed for Telecom Services, Including Cable Television and High-Speed Intranet, at Naval Hospital, Guam
- 05/08/2011 19:17 - Quick Hits - This Week in Guam Business - August 5, 2011
- 05/08/2011 14:12 - Dollars and Contract Awards in July: Nearly $50 Million in New Contracts for Military Buildup, Other Work on Guam
- 05/08/2011 08:17 - NAVFAC Pacific Awards $50 Million A-E Planning Contract to Update Environmental Studies in Pacific, 50 Percent in Guam
- 05/08/2011 08:15 - Air Force Seeks Supplier for Folding Tables for Andersen AFB Guam
- 05/08/2011 08:10 - Air Force Looks for Contractor to Supply Reversible Jerseys for Guam’s Andersen AFB, Small Business Set Aside