Written by GBN STAFF
Friday, August 12, 2011
GUAM – Pacific Air Forces has issued a solicitation for vendors to supply intramural team benches for the Andersen Coral Reef Fitness Center at Andersen Air Force Base, Guam.
The team benches should be able to be easily moved, using the tip-and-roll mode to maneuver them into any suitable arena, indoors or outdoors. Andersen needs a total of eight team benches that feature "6 contoured, double-injection-molded seats with lumbar support on a heavy-duty aluminum frame," according to solicitation number N4155711RC144FS.
"This announcement constitutes the only solicitation; quotes are being requested and a written solicitation will not be issued," Pacific Air Forces said. Pricing should include shipping to Tracy, California.
The competition is fully restricted to small businesses only. All firms must be registered in the Central Contractor Registration database to be considered for award.
Responses are due by 7 p.m. Eastern Standard Time on Aug 16.
The request is the latest in a series issued for athletic and fitness related equipment in recent weeks for Andersen AFB, including for strength-training machines, fitness trail stations, scorer tables for athletic games, volleyball systems, outdoor leg presses, stair stepper machines and other items. The contracts represent business opportunities with the Department of Defense for qualified small businesses, outside of larger contracts such as computer system upgrades, janitorial services and construction projects.
For details on the solicitation, click here.
GuamBuildupNews.com regularly presents Department of Defense and other Federal Government contracting awards and opportunities that can be performed by companies from Guam or that require at least some of the work to be performed in Guam. This coverage is a service to the Guam business community and the worldwide federal contractor community to encourage teaming between prime contractors and qualified subcontractors, vendors and suppliers to compete more effectively for projects.
- 15/08/2011 08:07 - Guam’s Andersen Air Force Base Looking for Woman-Owned Small Business to Provide Loaner Furniture for Military Family Housing
- 12/08/2011 14:54 - First Contract Awarded from Japan’s ‘Mamizu’ Funds for Guam Military Buildup Projects
- 12/08/2011 14:10 - Quick Hits – This Week in Guam Business – August 12, 2011
- 12/08/2011 13:58 - Defense Hawks in Congress Want Pentagon to Release Defense Budget Review
- 12/08/2011 13:08 - Andersen Air Force Base, Guam Needs Office Furniture Colored ‘Cordovan’ and ‘Honey’
- 11/08/2011 16:08 - After 5-Month Delay, Japan Now Ready to Fund Hundreds of Millions of Dollars for Guam Buildup While U.S. Struggles with New Debt Ceiling Law
- 11/08/2011 09:59 - Navy Needs a Boost with Telescopic Boom Lift
- 11/08/2011 08:59 - U.S. Navy Seeks Small Business Contractor for Medical Equipment Maintenance at Naval Hospital, Guam
- 10/08/2011 11:18 - Bare-Knuckled Talk Could Lie Ahead for Defense Budget in Hopes Forcing Congressional Action; Guam Buildup Money Unspent
- 10/08/2011 09:31 - Navy Extends Apra Harbor Medical Clinic Solicitation By Six Months