Written by GBN STAFF
Monday, August 15, 2011
GUAM – Pacific Air Forces has issued a combined synopsis/solicitation for vendors to supply durable, vinyl tarps for Andersen Air Force Base, Guam.
Andersen AFB needs "olive drab"-colored vinyl tarps of various sizes and quantities for a total of 66 items overall, according to the request for quotation, solicitation number F1C0CR1194A003.
"The tarps have three different measurements due to the need to fit over rectangular shaped equipment," Pacific Air Forces clarified in an amendment to the RFQ. "The tarps will have 5 sides and be seamed on the corners. 3 grommets are required on the short sides of the tarps and 4 to 5 grommets are required on the long sides of the tarps."
This is a total small business set-aside and all firms must be registered in the Central Contractor Registration database to be considered for award.
Responses must be received via e-mail no later than 7 p.m. Eastern Standard Time on Aug 17.
Additional details are available here.The contract is one of a series of opportunities in recent weeks for small business contractors to supply Andersen Air Force Base with appliances and equipment, parts, supplies and accessories as well as other smaller goods and services. In recent months, Andersen AFB has issued requests for paper shredders, industrial freezers, portable air conditioning units, parts for a radio and telephone recording system, fiber optic cable and electromagnetic accessories such as electrical cables, connectors, batteries and speaker accessories.
The contracts represent business opportunities with the Department of Defense for qualified small businesses, outside of larger contracts such as computer system upgrades, janitorial services and construction projects.
GuamBuildupNews.com regularly presents Department of Defense and other Federal Government contracting awards and opportunities that can be performed by companies from Guam or that require at least some of the work to be performed in Guam. This coverage is a service to the Guam business community and the worldwide federal contractor community to encourage teaming between prime contractors and qualified subcontractors, vendors and suppliers to compete more effectively for projects.
- 16/08/2011 08:49 - Air Force Transforming Guam into Pre-Deployment Training Center for Asia-Pacific Airmen, Will Invest $56 Million More Through 2016
- 16/08/2011 08:39 - UPDATE: More Small Contractors Needed for $31 Million in Federal Aviation Administration Design-Build Work in Guam and all FAA Areas
- 16/08/2011 08:26 - Supplier Contract Awarded for HazMat Decontamination Systems for Guam’s Andersen Air Force Base
- 15/08/2011 11:58 - UPDATE: Japan Set to Enact Financing for National Budget Next Week; Guam to Get $420 Million for Wastewater Utilities
- 15/08/2011 08:14 - Guam Agenda: Contracts for Nationwide Ship Overhauls and Commissary Construction, Plus Hospital Equipment Maintenance in Week Ahead
- 15/08/2011 08:08 - Defense Logistics Agency Looks for Contractor for Xerox Machine Maintenance in Guam
- 15/08/2011 08:07 - Guam’s Andersen Air Force Base Looking for Woman-Owned Small Business to Provide Loaner Furniture for Military Family Housing
- 12/08/2011 14:54 - First Contract Awarded from Japan’s ‘Mamizu’ Funds for Guam Military Buildup Projects
- 12/08/2011 14:10 - Quick Hits – This Week in Guam Business – August 12, 2011
- 12/08/2011 13:58 - Defense Hawks in Congress Want Pentagon to Release Defense Budget Review