Written by GBN STAFF
Monday, August 29, 2011
GUAM – Following is a list of events expected in the coming weeks in Guam related to Department of Defense and other federal contracts on the island.
Aug. 28 – Small business vendors interested in supplying a variety of playground equipment to Andersen Air Force Base, Guam have until 4 p.m. Eastern Standard Time on Aug. 28 to submit price quotes for solicitation number N4155711RC176FS. Pacific Air Forces is looking for a Mushroom Kottage Playground System, a Double Slide Lighthouse Climber, a Dinosaur Duo Playground Sculpture Set-Surface Mount Structure, a sandbox, picnic tables and umbrellas and double-pedestal desks.
Aug. 28 – Furniture suppliers interested in helping Pacific Air Forces furnish the lobby of the fitness center at Andersen Air Force Base in Guam must submit their price bids by 4 p.m. Eastern Standard Time on Aug. 28. The fitness center needs modular sofas, loveseats, coffee tables, end tables, connector tables, task chairs, a reception station, double pedestal desks and a high-back executive leather chair, according to solicitation number N4155711RC163FS.
Aug. 29 – Proposals are due Aug. 29 from contractors interested in providing the Navy with tree planting conservation services to prevent soil erosion and promote wild fire resistance on Naval Base, Guam. NAVFAC, Marianas is looking for a HUBZone-certified small business contractor to help conserve Navy lands by planting thousands of acacia trees and maintaining them, specifically in the area of the Magazine/Ordnance Annex, according to solicitation number N4019211R5002.
Aug. 29 – The bidding deadline to supply the Navy's Military Sealift Command with parts for an incinerator for the USNS John Ericsson is Aug. 29. The parts, which must be manufactured by Atlas-Stord Denmark A/S Roedovre, include solenoids, spray fluid nozzles, regulating nozzles, pumps, detectors, circuits, sludge burners, electric heaters, filters, air blowers, fuel cell pumps, nozzle heads and micro switches, according to solicitation number N40442-11-T-7674.
Aug. 30 – Vendors have until this day to bid on supplying Andersen Air Force Base, Guam with four mobile light towers including fixtures and accessories, according to solicitation number F1C0CR1214A002 from the Pacific Air Forces. The tower consists of four 1,000-watt metal halide lamps, an adjustable 30-foot tower, a 7,000-watt Deutz diesel generator, and a water-cooled 30-gallon gas tank with a 64-hour runtime per tank.
Aug. 30 – Bids are due Aug. 30 for several solicitations related to the maintenance and repair of the fleet replenishment oiler USNS Ericsson at Naval Base, Guam. Military Sealift Fleet Support Command is looking for: a small contractor to perform fire system inspection, testing and certification on the ship, according to solicitation number N40442-11-T-7685; a centrifugal pump and parts made by Warren Pumps, LLC or a brand equivalent (N40442-11-T-7677); a contractor to inspect, test and certify the ship's Simplified Voyage Data Recorder system and install a new audio backup power cable (N40442-11-T-7684); and a contractor to conduct the ship's annual inspection of its Global Maritime Distress and Safety System (N40442-11-T-7683).
Aug. 31 -- Pacific Air Forces is seeking bids from vendors to replace and install two playgrounds for pre-school kids and school age children at Andersen Air Force Base, Guam. The contractor must remove and replace the playground surface and purchase and install the new playground equipment, according to solicitation number N4155711RC169FS. Price quotes are due Aug. 31.
GuamBuildupNews.com regularly presents Department of Defense and other Federal Government contracting awards and opportunities that can be performed by companies from Guam or that require at least some of the work to be performed in Guam. This coverage is a service to the Guam business community and the worldwide federal contractor community to encourage teaming between prime contractors and qualified subcontractors, vendors and suppliers to compete more effectively for projects.
- 01/09/2011 08:16 - Navy Awards Honolulu Firm $7.5 Million Contract for Architect-Engineering Services in Hawaii, Guam and Far East
- 31/08/2011 10:33 - Japan 2011 Money Makes $2 Billion for Guam Military Buildup, But Patience of Local Economy Will Be Tested
- 30/08/2011 10:29 - In 8 (a) MACC Task Order Competition for Guam Military Buildup, Techni-Con is Highest Revenue Earner, While Chugach Leads in Total Contracts
- 30/08/2011 10:26 - Air Force Looks for Woman-Owned Small Business to Provide Conference Room Chairs for Andersen AFB, Guam
- 30/08/2011 10:09 - Air Force Focuses on Power Backup and Redundancy, Looks for Supplier for UPS Batteries for Andersen AFB, Guam
- 29/08/2011 09:31 - U.S. Navy Needs Small Business Contractor for Re-Certification of Simplified Voyage Data Recorder System for Fleet Replenishment Oiler in Guam
- 29/08/2011 09:02 - Navy Looks for Small Business Contractor to Provide Annual Inspection of Global Maritime Distress and Safety System for USNS Ericsson in Guam
- 29/08/2011 08:59 - Air Force Looks to Procure Mobile Light Towers for Andersen Air Force Base in Guam
- 26/08/2011 19:57 - Quick Hits – This Week in Guam Business – August 26, 2011 – Telecom, Energy, Retailing, Technology, Shipping
- 26/08/2011 16:18 - BREAKING NEWS: Japan Parliament Passes Bonds Bill, Finances 2011 Budget and Guam Buildup Money