Written by ADAM BROWN
Friday, May 20, 2011
GUAM – The Federal Emergency Management Agency is seeking contractors able to supply thousands of cots for Guam, Puerto Rico, and six locations on the continental United States, according to a presolicitation notice.
The indefinite delivery, indefinite quantity contract, which is set aside for small businesses, will last for one base year plus four optional periods of one year each, according to presolicitation notice number HSFEHQ-11-R-0056. The deadline for responses is June 1.
The contractor "must be able to deliver 1,500 cots within 3 days after receipt of delivery order and 10,000 cots within 30 days after receipt of delivery order," the notice said. Besides Guam and Puerto Rico, the cots are to be delivered to Selma, Alabama, Forth Worth, Texas, Atlanta, Georgia, Moffett, California, and Cumberland and Frederick in Maryland.
For more information on the contract, see this link.
GuamBuildupNews.com regularly presents Department of Defense and other Federal Government contracting awards and opportunities that require at least some of the work to be performed in Guam. This coverage is a service to the Guam business community and the worldwide federal contractor community to encourage teaming between prime contractors and qualified subcontractors, vendors and suppliers to compete more effectively for projects.
- 23/05/2011 15:28 - Typhoons, Hurricanes, Severe Weather Tracking Equipment Needed by National Weather Service for Guam, Alaska and Caribbean
- 23/05/2011 10:19 - Guam Agenda: Bid Deadlines for Navy’s $75 Million Contract for Paving and $30 Million Contract for Painting at Federal and Military Installations, Repair Contract for Army Buildings in Pacific in Weeks Ahead on Guam
- 23/05/2011 08:34 - National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration Seeking Contractor for Sea Surface Temperature Monitoring Through Pacific, Including Guam
- 20/05/2011 19:57 - Hensel Phelps Commits to Guam Long-Term, Establishes Permanent Presence in Anticipation of Military Buildup
- 20/05/2011 17:48 - Hensel Phelps, Jacobs Complete Navy’s First ‘Gold’ LEED Energy Efficient, Eco-Friendly Building on Guam
- 20/05/2011 13:37 - G4S Security Services Guam Wins Security Guard Contract for National Park Service
- 19/05/2011 20:14 - Financing The Guam Military Buildup: Navy Lays Foundation For a Greener Guam With Upgrades of Water and Wastewater Infrastructure
- 19/05/2011 15:22 - ‘Unrealistic,’ ‘Not Good from the Standpoint of Protecting Security’: Japan Defense Minister Rejects U.S. Senators Levin, Webb, McCain’s Proposed Changes Affecting Guam Military Buildup
- 19/05/2011 13:04 - Air Force Seeks Large Quantity of Construction Supplies, Treated Lumber and Nails for Andersen AFB Guam
- 19/05/2011 12:58 - UPDATE: Guam’s Andersen Air Force Base Cancels Request for Emergency Shelter in Place Kits to Allow for More Research