Written by ADAM BROWN
Wednesday, June 29, 2011
GUAM – The military's Defense Logistics Agency is seeking one or more contractors to supply millions of gallons of aviator's breathing oxygen and liquid nitrogen for forces in Guam, Korea and Japan, according to a solicitation notice.
The firm fixed price contracts will cover supply and delivery of about 2.8 million gallons of breathing oxygen and 600,000 gallons of liquid nitrogen, according to solicitation notice number SP0600-11-R-0303. The nitrogen and oxygen must be delivered to "multiple locations in Korea, Japan and Guam" between October of this year and September of 2015.
The deadline for submitting initial supply offers is July 5, the DLA said. Bidding is not restricted by business type or location. All bids, though, must be priced in won, yen or U.S. dollars, depending on the destination of the materials.
For more information on the supply opportunity, see this link.
GuamBuildupNews.com regularly presents Department of Defense and other Federal Government contracting awards and opportunities that require at least some of the work to be performed in Guam. This coverage is a service to the Guam business community and the worldwide federal contractor community to encourage teaming between prime contractors and qualified subcontractors, vendors and suppliers to compete more effectively for projects.
- 30/06/2011 11:20 - New Revenue Stream in Guam Workforce Housing for Chugach Alaska Corporation: First Project to Get ‘First Tenants Soon’
- 30/06/2011 10:54 - Department of Defense Saves 17 Percent on Guam Military Buildup Construction Costs Through Competitive Bidding
- 29/06/2011 12:39 - Price Tag Now at Least $23.9 Billion for Full Guam Military Buildup Program, Including Marines, Navy, Air Force and Army National Guard
- 29/06/2011 12:23 - New Jobs Hiring at Schools, Hospital, Youth Programs, Ports, Satellite Tracking Station; Tell-Tale Signs of Growing Federal Ecosystem on Guam
- 29/06/2011 12:09 - UPDATE: U.S. Navy Seeks Quotations for Damage Control Documentation Update on Guam-Based USS Frank Cable
- 28/06/2011 16:17 - BREAKING NEWS: Protest Filed Against Navy’s $30 Million Painting Contract Award to LM2 Construction Co. for Military Installations on Guam
- 28/06/2011 09:08 - Smithbridge Spreads Out in Niches From Quarrying to Boiler Repair to Fill Holes in Guam Construction Supply Ahead of Military Buildup
- 28/06/2011 08:54 - ‘Guam Jobs’ Web-Based Classifieds to Launch Next Week on GuamBuildupNews.com
- 28/06/2011 08:40 - Guam’s Global Food Services Group Wins $17.5 Million Contract for Mess Attendant Services at San Diego Area Navy Galleys
- 28/06/2011 08:35 - U.S. Coast Guard Researches Five-Year Contracts for Repair of 30 Ships on Guam, Hawaii